Guest StudentofRE

Inno Setup ver 5.2.3 password bypass

Guest StudentofRE

hi i have a Inno Setup installer exe.my installation exe is protected with password.i found atutorial  about patching inno setup.but that not work for me.password skipped but i cant extract the files.i want to know is there any other way to skip inno setup.

here is the tut link that i try

https://forum.tuts4you.com/topic/26171-patch-inno-setup/?hl=inno&fromsearch=1

CybotX

There are always more than one way to reach at the solution. Different people have different ideas and ways to solve the same problem.

Btw, this tutorial is nothing new but an exact copy of the original tutorial except a little chance; <forgot the original author name>

Copying of tutorial is also a way to reach a solution.

• Upvote 1

EHS4N

PasswordHash=d1a416be2b86226b357e44f9ccac454f
PasswordSalt=f190edee6e87103e

Edited by EHS4N

Guest StudentofRE

PasswordHash=d1a416be2b86226b357e44f9ccac454f

PasswordSalt=f190edee6e87103e

should i need to use these as password?i tried but didnot work

Sipher

The hash info is useless for cracking purposes. If you see the Inno site, it states that it uses a random 160 len characters for password which it then encrypts with SHA1 and uses a salt for the results. The hash above is the results of password being encrypted. If the password you enter and after it is hashed, it should match that hash.

Problem with above program is that the main program is encrypted too. If NO encryption for the program is used and only setup is password protected then it can be bypassed but not with program being encrypted. InnoExtractor would have pulled it out even with a password but not with encryption.

There seems to be one way to bypass the password manually but again unfortunately it does not work with encrypted program. See in Olly, once program is run and you get the Password entry page, attach the file (eg. combopack.tmp) and then pull it via the Executables. Look for "NextButton" and put a BP on the next jump. Without encryption it works but with encryption... it crashes.

Maybe somebody else can take this further.

Hope this helps.