Jasi2169

How to buy shares and stuff anybody with knowledge

Jasi2169

Hi someone told me buying shares can provide you nice income per months,well i am just too noob in it

please let me know in details how these things work so that i can invest some of my money somewhere if it pays per month

please only who knows about it

Cachito

Invest in Bitcoin or some of the most known altcoins. They are getting more valued each day and they just keep going up.

Last year I made a small investement and in 12 month I have seen a 4100% return of investment :)

This year I started making bigger investements in some riskier altcoins but probably more profitable :D

When I say bigger investements, I mean a few hundred dollars :P

• Upvote 3

Kjacky

find a guy who have more experience in share market he will teach how to get more profit in less expense

• Upvote 1

TechLord
21 hours ago, Jasi2169 said:

Hi someone told me buying shares can provide you nice income per months,well i am just too noob in it

please let me know in details how these things work so that i can invest some of my money somewhere if it pays per month

please only who knows about it

You want to look at stocks that pay DIVIDENDS - that is quarterly or otherwise periodical payouts to clients who are invested in that product.

That means that you would buy the ctocks and hold them for long periods of time. The company pays you the "dividends" - so this is in addition to the possible profits you'd make if the stock price does go up.

Do note that you do need a good amount of money to get sizeable dividends.

DO also note that while I do NOT give specific suggestionson what stocks to buy or not to buy , I  can suggest the PRINCIPLES that would serve you well.

You can PM me for any further details - I do have many years' experience ( I am not a professional but have been doing stock investing/trading and currency (forex) trading for at least the past 15 years+ for myself.

My aim (for myself) is to generate a not too big but a STEADY positive balance every month.

Once again, on principle I do NOT suggest specific stocks and other instruments to buy but I do share stuff - including books and AUTOMATED TRADING BOTS etc (of course they are all PEREFCTLY LEGIT and LEGAL). Some have been coded and modified by me (java).

Cheers and good luck :)

• Upvote 1

Jasi2169

But which site to invest in and wherea

Also howbto analyse that will be profit atleast helps a bit per month

Techy msgd you

Kjacky

hi jasi at the beginning don't go for a month try to buy a small share and wait  for an increase and sell it so You will get an idea to how go with that  

• Upvote 3

TechLord

@Jasi2169  and anyone else who is interested in investing in stocks and other instruments :

I will just tell a few things that I have learnt from my PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE - because there is a whole lot of info on the web, but most of us cannot fully understand all the implications properly. SO here is a condensed version of the most important considerations that you should focus on.

I will also focus mainly from an Indian perspective so that it'd be more useful.

Firstly, its better to focus on US and other international stocks (rather than just the Indian ones) because not only do the US stocks have a far larger volume, but also, there is a greater diversity in the price of stocks, compared to those in the Indian stock market.

For example, you'd notice that most of the Indian stocks cost many thousands of rupees per stock, while the US stocks can start off rather cheap. Also you can but small units of the US stocks.

So therefore, I would come to the FIRST bit of advice that I am going to give :

1. Try to find a close relative or friend of yours who lives abroad (outside of India). This is because they would need to open a Stock Trading Account on your behalf. DO note that even if several brokers CLAIM to allow you to buy US stock even if you open the account with your name and address (Indian ID and address), you would have a lot of LIMITATIONS that you will later find out.

The limitations have been placed by the RBI since they do not want the Indians to sell the Rupee and Buy the Dollar (which is what you'd be doiing if you buy the US stocks using USD) ,leading to a decline in the Rupee Value.

However make sure that it a relative who you TOTALLY can trust with your money, as you'd be sending your money for trading/invetsment purposes to that account of theirs ! SO preferably should be someone like your brother etc.

ALSO, make sure that when they open that FRESH bank account (for trading purposes), they add your name as well to it as beneficiary (just in case, God forbid, anything happens to them) so that you will not lose the money. This is very important.

So what they need to do : Open (1) Fresh Bank Account and (2) Trading Account (I'll give details later) in their country, in their name.

NEXT what you need to do (or you can start doing this while you perform the STEP 1 above :

2. Open a DEMO TRADING ACCOUNT online. There are quite a lot of companies. Demo accounts are FREE. You are going to trade from that account later on if you like the interface etc, by converting it to a LIVE account.

Saxo is a good company for example. Go ahead and create a FREE DEMO ACCOUNT today itself :

DO note that I do NOT get a single cent by recommending this or any other broker (you can see that I have NOT given any affiliate link or anything).

I have accounts with this and other brokers for the past many years. Their service is also good. Again remember, to avoid limitations on your account, please get a relative abroad to open the LIVE account for you later, though you can open a DEMO today itself.

On this platform you can trade MANY other instruments in addition to stocks ! SO its good to have an account in a place like this if possible.

EVEN if you do not want to open a LIVE account, you can create and use DEMO account for practice ! :D

3. When you finally decide to get around to buying stocks, remember that its better to buy ETFs rather than raw stocks of a company .

ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds)  can be bought on sold on stock exchanges like stocks but they minimize the risk to you.

How ETFs work :

For example let's say that you buy 100 shares of Apple. Then the share price of Apple falls due to some scandal in that company. Then you get a loss.

On the other hand, ETFs comprise of a BUNCH of related stocks in a sector.

So, an  ETF can comprise of (for example) a percentage of Apple stock price (40%), Google (40%), Microsoft (20%)  etc

So EVEN IF price of the stock of ONE company goes down, the ETF itself will not necessarily fall much. That finally means that you will not suffer a huge loss just because of one company..

Anyway, once you decide and open an account, then we can discuss more of this.

Finally remember, by following the methods I noted above, if you trade in SMALL quantities with CARE, its possible to make a small but stream stream of money consistently.

Good luck.

P.S : Decided to post here itself rather than PM since it would help anyone else who is interested as well :)

Edited by TechLord
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

FFRT

Invest (quantum of amount) which if you lose, but still you can sleep well. Investing and earning , that too, with specific monthly income target is most riskier thing and requires good amount of knowledge and experience which can only be gained over a period of years. As a novice, prefer to stay invested in Mutual Fund / ETF [Exchange Traded Fund] with long time horizon, and invest systematically (!), and regularly (!) . The topic itself is so vast that no one can justify his answer here in few para. Fundamental analysis is must or your should have good consultant. Dont get into trap of becoming rich by overnights. Prefer good stable companies (Blue Chip, index based) with good track record in terms of performance (sales and profit, with Return on equity) and Governance issues.

If you want to be good technical trader, and to start with read Books by Steve Nison on candlestick charts to understand / read candle /patterns and its implications (you can also refer this site for comprehensive work on chart patterns http://thepatternsite.com/), Study Chart / patterns and its implications with target, stop less area. W D Gann related books (especially How to make Profits in Commodity market...Master Equity course) would be very hard to decipher as a beginner but worth over a period of years. W D Gann was the first disciplined technical trader with methods, and rationale. Albeit, people alleges him (Gann) to be mysterious, over a period of time if you read his work well, you will be amazed to see his work which still works with good accuracy.  If you want to study charts and have your own, there are many around like or you can make use of website like chartnexxus.com, investing.com or tradingview.com . 

You can also look inside some torrent site for "trading course" like Trading Academy etc., and get started. 

Edited by FFRT
  • Upvote 3

TechLord

I have INTENTIONALLY avoided recommending books for @Jasi2169 to read etc because contrary to what many think, and even in my own personal experience, reading and/or watching videos and trying out trading is a VERY bad idea. At least for STARTERS.

I would suggest that opening a DEMO account on any of the several trading platforms available online is one of the best ways to start out. Get a FEEL for how the various features etc work, and then decide if you are even comfortable with the whole thing.

THEN yo can start reading etc once you even understand what the various features discussed in books mean !

Once again, I did not recommend Mutual Funds yesterday because the MANAGEMENT and other FEES associaled will be very high compared to that for ETFs. This is in addition to the commision accrued everytime you buy or sell.

So I would suggest ETFs rather than mutual funds.

Also, for Mutual Funds, a MANAGER (or a group of them) manage your funds and sometimes, they make rather BAD decisions. This could lead to losses for you for no fault of your own.

This EXACTLY had happened to one of my friends living in India, just last year.

After  that, he switched to ETFs and he has been doing fine. For buying and selling ETFs, YOU can make the decisions and YOU are in control. As long as you buy ETFs in sectors performing STABLY or in sectors like Healthcare, etc (people fall sick whether the economy is good or bad) then you would be more or less fine.

@Jasi2169 : I have a feeling that if ALL you are looking at, is just some way to get a steady stream of money regularly, you can just even consider FIXED DEPOSITS ?

FIXED DEPOSITS in India pay out quite well (7% or so or better interest rate if you can get some Senior Citizens to invest your money uner their name (like your dad or someone for example).

You can even choose to get Interest Payouts MONTLY or QUARTERLY as well !

Best of all, its 100% SAFE - no chance of loss - unlike in trading.

If you would RATHER want specific steps to buy and just sell some stocks, let me know and I will suggest the best options for your region etc.

Also do advise if you are open to getting relatives abroad, to open an account in their name for you - so that in that case, I can suggest better alternatives for you.

• Upvote 2

Cachito

What a coincidence, just a few days after I posted my comment about altcoins someone tried to hack my coinbase account...

I have to tell to the one trying, I don't trade, I INVEST. So I buy the coins and store them in my OWN, PAPER wallets. 

So better luck with the next victim :lolu:

What I find more interesting is how did they get my personal email... I might have an idea...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 5/24/2017 at 4:32 AM, TechLord said:

I have a feeling that if ALL you are looking at, is just some way to get a steady stream of money regularly, you can just even consider FIXED DEPOSITS ?

:lolu:

On 5/24/2017 at 4:32 AM, TechLord said:

Also, for Mutual Funds, a MANAGER (or a group of them) manage your funds and sometimes, they make rather BAD decisions. This could lead to losses for you for no fault of your own.

:lolu:

On 5/20/2017 at 8:56 AM, Kjacky said:

find a guy who have more experience in share market he will teach how to get more profit in less expense

:yes: