d-a-r-k-e-n-e-r-g-y

What are the career oriented advantages of Reverse Code Engineering?

d-a-r-k-e-n-e-r-g-y

Why one should invest time and energy? 

What are some companies who will consider you for your RCE skills?

gillyjane

RCE is for fun and to boost your own ego. It hardly gets you anywhere.

CybotX
14 hours ago, d-a-r-k-e-n-e-r-g-y said:

Why one should invest time and energy? 

What are some companies who will consider you for your RCE skills?

RCE alone will not give the job. There are things besides you need to consider. Such as computer networks: understanding how socket works, writing kernel modules, device drivers, cryptography, scripting, programming, exploit vectors, payloads

Career Field : Malware Researcher, Security Consultant

Companies : Antivirus companies ., Govt organization : NSA, CIA

Youngsters who got their job in this field where either students (With a very good IQ) from a very well known university, or the one who was jailed due to extra ordinary skills post committing a cyber crime, are now working for private sectors as a consultant and securing their servers.

Take Away point is : Its a waste of time, if you are not doing right thing, at the right place, in-front of right audience .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

abhi93696
Just now, CybotX said:

or the one who was jailed due to extra ordinary skills post committing a cyber crime, are now working for private sectors as a consultant and securing their servers.

:owl:

Just now, CybotX said:

Take Away point is : Its a waste of time, if you are not doing right thing, at the right place, in-front of right audience .

Very True...as far as i have studied things about RCE & saw various posts regarding job opportunities in field of RCE.

Debugging is very helpful while throwing out bugs :D

Thanks @cybotx 4 answering... i also wanted to see the answer to this ques..

Edit-: I m not a gr8 reverser :D but as far as i have saw the rce scene i have figured out some points-:

1) ALONE RCE is not that beneficial for financial purposes as i have saw many ppl just use to sell cracks etc...So if you are student(like me :P) its MUCH better to focus on your studies & do Reversing as a passion ,when you have free time only...

2) Its fun to be a part of RCE scene as eventually you will make some new friends with whom you can share your knowledge & have phun :)

Edited by abhi93696
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jasi2169

it does not pay but does pay,let me tell you how

u can put donate button :- i have got almost 87$ donations in my entire life for RCE (2012 - 2017 till now)

i made paid app on play store i got 800US$ from feb end (feb 10 2017 - jul 4 2017) not that much but still something is coming in 5 months which i didnot got in 5 years ,i still do it for free cus i have some kind of passion

RCE will never pay,it is just get knowledge from it as it is power

• Upvote 1

abhi93696

Buddy 800*66=Rs 52800 That's pretty huge :)

Yup it's correct cracking will never pay as no one will pay *legally* for cracking software :D

Jasi2169
1 hour ago, abhi93696 said:

Buddy 800*66=Rs 52800 That's pretty huge :)

Yup it's correct cracking will never pay as no one will pay *legally* for cracking software :D

not huge if you see time 10k months almost ,simple jobs pay 15k nowdays but guess what i dont work on the app everyday ,i work once a month on update or 3 days max and thats really cool

Also $ is 64.29 day back

also google take 30% commission on all payments u can see 53 - 30% commissions

d-a-r-k-e-n-e-r-g-y

From what I understand after reading several articles about RCE, you can become very good at debugging code. Skill for a testing and quality assurance team. Other area I think of is reversing private communication protocols for open source projects. That may help get a good job. However, core computer science degree still lands you into a pretty decent job. RCE is a skill with knowledge. Many computer science students study Assembly language, but still they can't reverse engineer applications. Of course, with dedication they can, so can anyone. I hope to learn something meaningful from all of you. You all are amazing ppl.

14 hours ago, CybotX said:

RCE alone will not give the job. There are things besides you need to consider. Such as computer networks: understanding how socket works, writing kernel modules, device drivers, cryptography, scripting, programming, exploit vectors, payloads

Is coursera cryptography course good enough? I enrolled last week. So far, so good.

14 hours ago, CybotX said:

Nice advice :)

13 hours ago, abhi93696 said:

Debugging is very helpful while throwing out bugs

Debugging is a very important skill. I'm glad I can learn it here in this forum :)

2 hours ago, Jasi2169 said:

i made paid app on play store i got 800US$ from feb end (feb 10 2017 - jul 4 2017) not that much but still something is coming in 5 months which i didnot got in 5 years ,i still do it for free cus i have some kind of passion

RCE will never pay,it is just get knowledge from it as it is power

Nice! congrats for app on play store. PM me your apps link on play store. I also want to create mobile apps. Hope to learn something form you. :)

d-a-r-k-e-n-e-r-g-y
19 hours ago, gillyjane said:

RCE is for fun and to boost your own ego. It hardly gets you anywhere.

What sort of an ego will I ever have? 

Kjacky

its a kind of addiction or like excitement when doing the RCE at the beginning  then it becomes craze and after that it becomes ego and after a long time it becomes a sweet memories with the fellow guys we hangs together

• Like 2