DarthCoder

Any idea to add job scheduler to an external app?

DarthCoder

Hello guys so as title says i wanted to add job scheduler to a app that i want to run on background and check update at every 15min or so... it's easy to add in source code if you own that app but i don't own that app so any idea by decompiling and adding that code manually? :erm:

CybotX
8 hours ago, DarthCoder said:

Hello guys so as title says i wanted to add job scheduler to a app that i want to run on background and check update at every 15min or so... it's easy to add in source code if you own that app but i don't own that app so any idea by decompiling and adding that code manually? :erm:

Goto control panel > Task Scheduler

DarthCoder
2 hours ago, CybotX said:

Goto control panel > Task Scheduler

it's Android 4.4 sir :erm:

CybotX
5 hours ago, DarthCoder said:

it's Android 4.4 sir :erm:

Then you should be very specific. The topic title doesn't speak of it neither the body. People cannot assume on their own that its an android garb.  Okay download these two apps from your playstore: 'Cron Generator' , 'Cron Scheduler' . First use Cron Generator' to select the time and date when you want to execute a specific task . Copy the expression generated . Now launch Cron scheduler paste that expression there followed by task path/name . For example if I were to execute a script at 5am morning, on 17th of every month, be it be any day (Mon-Sun) . Below will be the expression

A sample task:

image.png

• Like 1