Guest StudentofRE

Help about A target

Guest StudentofRE
Hi Friends  .i am trying to crack a target spidercx software.this is trial version for 3 days.

software check a license file name LicSpider2.dat.i want to view structure of licnese file to create fake license file.or i want to edit expire date inside license file.how can i view a dat file i use hex editor .but i cant understand i m beginer in RCE.

here is the link of Target license file name is LicSpider2.dat inside masters folder.

after installation we need to run spidercxtrial.exe with MCX command line.      "spidercxtrial.exe mcx"

thanks alot

Edited by StudentofRE

Sipher

Post a link to the complete program. Which language is the original program in??

Normally any license file is compiled along with the program. But if the calls within the program are limited and you know the hooks then you can compile your own license file with whatever instructions you want.

Guest StudentofRE

Thanks bro for you support .This link is complete we need to run from c drive c:\SpiderCX.   

spidercxtrial.exe is main file to run.we need a command line to run.i added a bat fie to run.program is in delphi.orignal file is packed with asprotect 2.x.i also include unpacked file.

Edited by StudentofRE

Guest StudentofRE

Post a link to the complete program. Which language is the original program in??

Normally any license file is compiled along with the program. But if the calls within the program are limited and you know the hooks then you can compile your own license file with whatever instructions you want.

i updated the link to direct setup file

CybotX

StudentofRE,  .dat is not like a normal txt file that you open with any text editor and change its content just like that. If a software application is using a .dat file license, then that means it contains binary data related to license which are not human readable.

Recommendation:

- Do a analysis of the software to see how it validates a license and if there's any algorithm to generate the same.

- Rewrite the algo using your favorite programing language to generate a license .dat file and replace it with the one in the software directory.

Open the file in binary mode and then write it with your data, you don't have to worry about selecting file mode while writing the file contents to disk. You just need to open in binary mode using the function to open. The wrting of content will be done accordingly when you call the function to write.

For example with 'C' language here's how you open the file in binary mode.

Note: you might need to determine the mode before you can open it and change it to normal file if needed before writing data.

standard 'C'

fopen("\\License.dat", "wb");
fwrite() <-- fill the parameter as you needed them, the file is ready to be writen in binary mode

(Or)

Win32 API:

hMyFileRef = CreateFile("License.dat"\
     GENERIC_READ+GENERIC_WRITE,\
     FILE_SHARE_READ+FILE_SHARE_WRITE,\
     NULL,\
     OPEN_EXISTING,\
     FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL,\
     NULL);

WriteFile() <-- fill the parameter as you needed them, the file is ready to be writen in binary mode

• Upvote 1

Nieo

Can u provide lit more info..

1)Y u want 2 edit license file were as u can easy modify number of trial day's

2)Hw 2 register

3)Hw 2 Test dis soft if lic file is push

4)Wat is behaviour of soft once license is expired

Its really Buggy soft.. some hw manage 2 start then saw nothing hapen on screen..

Edited by Nieo